We had an exciting, busy month of October! We played many games during PE, we started our extension materials in Language Arts, we celebrated Halloween and then it was over. It flew by because we have been so busy learning and growing as a class. Thank you for the parent support on Halloween and throughout the school year, it is always so wonderful to have the students grown ups in the classroom.
I have included a plethora of pictures on the post, so I hope you enjoy them!
PE
Enjoying our very first game of partner tag. Students did very well, and they were extremely helpful to one another.
Language Arts
This was the students first experience with out Junior Great Books, our extension material for Language Arts. They were so intrigued by the story and interested to see what I was going to say or do next. These activities are student led for the most part so they were shocked to see that I was not going to decide where the conversation was going. I enjoyed hearing their ideas and shared inquiry.
Art
Students working on a glue resist art project. We decided to do spider webs for Halloween (:



Halloween
Service Learning
We started discussing the importance of service and how working together can help solve so many issues. This is a hot topic in our class, and we will be spending more time to build the team work skills. We decided to do a food drive and we will get that started next week. Thank you for being willing to send things to school to assist your students in expressing their feelings through skits that they wrote and performed for the class.
Veterans Day Cards
For Veterans Day, we decided to create cards. The students did an amazing job and I am sure any veteran would feel lucky to receive a card that had so much time and effort put into it.
Technology in the Classroom
We have started using our Chrome books during small group instruction. The students are getting the hang of logging in and getting started on Reflex Math. Once they can log in faster we will move on to other math and language arts activities using our Chrome books.








No comments:
Post a Comment